Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

            First and for most, I would like to give thanks to God for this day.  Secondly,

"Happy Mother's Day!"  Today's your day.  Own it!  Without you strong women.

I and many others would be lost.  Especially about parenting.  I remember when

I had to learn the fact that kids will be kids.  While watching my boys grow. 

At times my mind became full of questions and thoughts.  Did he really just do that?

Wow they got talent.  Did I act like this while I was growing up?

Stuck in the reality of undeniable truths.  I would call my mother. 

We'd talk about the good things as well as the bad happenings.  Most of our

language was about her grand children!   I would never get a straight answer

to my questions.  She'd say, "Anthony when you were a child you too were a little devil." 

"For some reason you could never sit still and just let things be." 

"How do you think I felt?  Instantly I would think to myself.  Why did I ask? 

At the time it was hard to understand the reasons why they would do certain things. 

It seemed as if everything I owned had signs saying.  Touch me.  Grab me. 

Most of them said break me!  She'd clear the fact that in order to understand them more. 

I'd have to be a better man looking deep into my heart .  Pray to God.  Also that I'd have

to learn a skill called patience.  It's not taught in texts books.  Only through life's

teachings.  Thank you mom for guiding me through these phases.  You're right!

I'm not too old to learn. I am, and always will be your son.  Helping mind to realize

that my boys are figments of my own nature.  I love you.

With that being said I know have some knowledge about letting kids be kids. 

I still learn from them.  Grow with them.  I am my mother's child.  Mother's realize the

gift God has placed in your hearts.  Its so solid, discrete, and divine.  I feel as if its just

plain irrational to ask or even think to question.  How deep is a Mother's love.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment